Introduction to SPHE
The subject of SPHE (Social, Personal and Health Education) aims to:
- To enable the students to develop skills for self-fulfilment and living in communities
- To promote self-esteem and self-confidence
- To enable the students to develop a framework for responsible decision-making
- To provide opportunities for reflection and discussion
- To promote physical, mental and emotional health and well-being
SPHE is a non-exam, with pupils taking part in class work and project work over the course of the year.
- Encouraging pupils to researching topics being dealt with in class to promote self-directed learning.
- Encouraging the pupils to discuss what is being dealt with in SPHE at home.