Please see HSE Advice for Parents & School Letter sent yesterday to all parents.
Following on from the letter which we sent to you last week, we want to update you on the latest developments and also to answer some queries that parents you may have had.
- All students must adhere to all HSE Covid-19 regulations. Failure to do so would impact on the health and safety of other members of our school community and therefore immediate contact will be made with the parents/guardians of any students found to be in breach of the schools safety guidelines.
- A Return to School Access Form has been texted to all parents and must be completed and submitted before Thursday 27th of August. It is important to note if a Return to School Access Form has not been submitted, the student WILL NOT be granted permission to enter school grounds.
- An induction programme has been developed for all students. This will be delivered to all students on their return.
- In line with government guidelines facemasks must be worn by all students. These must be plain facemasks with no design or images on them
- We have posters throughout the school building to remind students of the importance of regular handwashing and hand sanitising, cough etiquette, social distancing and how to use face coverings.
- Jackets: As per school rules, school jackets are permitted to be worn during class. Students who do not have school jackets will be permitted to wear a plain dark black/navy jacket in class, this change is being allowed due to the fact that windows will be opened in all classrooms to allow for increased ventilation. We must stress hoodies are not permitted at any time.
We ask that everyone works together day to day in the beginning as it shall take a few weeks for all changes to embed and for everyone to become more confident and secure in returning to school. We are all in this together and we will all do our best together. We look forward to welcoming our students back to Columba College in the coming week and to a safe return to education for all members of our school community.