Digital literacy refers to a particular set of competencies that allow you to function and participate fully in a digital world.
Students, nowadays, are generally considered to be digital natives; able to use technology effectively and easily. However, it is equally important to teach students how to become digital citizens. A digital citizen acts appropriately and ethically in an online environment. They must be able to resolve conflicts, source material ethically and interact with the wider world in a responsible manner.
iPad’s in Education
The use of iPads in the classroom:
- Increases student engagement
- Promotes self-directed learning
- Promotes the use of active methodologies in the classroom
- Allows students to learn through various mediums
- Increases collaboration in the classroom
- Improves digital literacy
- Improves organisation with digital portfolios
- Customises the learning for all learners in the classroom
The use of iPads creates a learning environment that is student centred, creative, innovative and collaborative.